Do you have plans of paying off your Wells Fargo Auto Loan but have no idea as to how it works? Are you thinking of the possible charges that may apply if you decide to pay off your loan? Well, worry no more as I guide you through on how to pay off your Wells Fargo Auto Loan easily without much stress.
Wells Fargo is a top provider of auto loans with over 50 years experience which has made them your go to lender to finance your car. It has over 11,000 dealerships across the country hence no matter where you are, trust that there is a dealer near you.
With Wells Fargo, you have access to your account anytime and anywhere making it possible to check your loan activity, get online statements, and pay online, among others.
Now let’s jump into the subject matter which is to learn how to pay off your Wells Fargo Auto Loan but kindly note that paying off your auto loan may come with a penalty.
Wells Fargo Pay Off Options
Wells Fargo has three easy options available for customers to Pay Off their auto loans i.e. either via phone, mail or wire transfer. It is also possible to pay off your auto loans via MoneyGram and Western Union only that there may be a little third party fees. There may be limits on the amount you can pay off as well when using MoneyGram or Western Union.
Check out the three main pay off options available for you to pay off your Wells Fargo Auto Loan;
How To Pay Off via Phone
To pay off your Wells Fargo Auto Loan via phone, do so by contacting them on 1-800-289-8004
How To Pay Off via Mail
- To pay off your auto loan via mail, make sure your check or money order is payable to Wells Fargo.
- Secondly, on the memo line of your money order or check, write “Payoff” and either add your 10 digit account number or 17 digit vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Now address your mail to;
Wells Fargo Auto
P.O. Box 17900
Denver, CO 80217-0900
Overnight payoff must be addressed to;
Lockbox Services 17900
Wells Fargo Auto
1740 Broadway St – LL2
Denver, CO 80274
How To Pay Off via Wire Transfer
You can also pay off your Wells Fargo Auto loan via wire transfer. Below is what you will need to pay off via wire transfer;
Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank
Bank ABA Routing Number (Domestic): 121000248
Bank ABA Routing Number (International): WFBIUS6S
Beneficiary Account Name: Wells Fargo Auto
Beneficiary Account Number: 01541881620717
Physical Address: MAC S3983-01J, 420 Montgomery St., San Francisco, CA 94104
Originator to Beneficiary Information: your 10-digit account number and name as it is on the account.
READ ALSO: How To Apply For Bank Of America Auto Loan
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q1. How do I find the payoff amount for my auto loan?
You can find your payoff amount either online, on your account statement or on phone.
- You can contact Wells Fargo on 1-800-289-8004 to speak to a CRM or get a systemized quote. Note that interests accumulates daily hence you must give an estimate of the number of days it will take for Wells Fargo to receive your payment from the day you are obtaining the payoff amount.
- You can also check your payoff amount and daily interest on your monthly account statement.
- Lastly, you can find it online. To do so, sign on and select your auto loan from your “Account Summary”. From there you click on “Get a Payoff Quote”.
Click here to sign on https://connect.secure.wellsfargo.com/auth/login/present?origin=cob&LOB=CONS
Q2. What do I do if I paid more than my payoff amount?
Wells Fargo will return any excess payment to you by check which usually takes two to three weeks for them to process and deliver your check to you via mail.
Q3. Does late payment affect my credit?
Yes! It all depends on how late you were. Late payment of 30 days or more is likely to appear on your credit report as late payment. The frequency with which you make late payments as well as when last you made a late payment can affect your credit.
To be sure of yourself, you must review your credit report (can be gotten for free from either Experian, Equifax, TransUnion or Innovis) regularly.