Navy Federal Credit Union, known popularly as Navy Federal is a top credit union in the U. S and the world at large. So if you’re here looking for how to apply for Navy Federal Auto Loan, then you’re at the right place.
Auto financing is the best option for persons who cannot afford to purchase their desired cars from their personal savings. And one of the best places to get auto loans is credit unions and that’s where Navy Federal comes in.
Since it was founded about 89 years ago in 1933, Navy Federal has helped millions of its members with all kinds of financial products to solve their problems.
It is by far the largest credit union in the US both in terms of assets and membership with over 10 million members and a total assets of over $150 billion.
Now let’s look at how to apply for a Navy Federal Auto Loan.
READ ALSO: Top Car Finance Loan For Bad Credit
Navy Federal Car Buying Procedure
To finance your car at Navy Federal, follow these simple steps and you’re good to go.
- Affordability: the first thing to do is to check your budget and see how much loan you can afford in terms of monthly payments for the entire loan term.
- Get Pre-approved: Navy Federal makes it possible for members seeking car loans to get pre-approval before visiting ghetto dealership. So before going to the dealership, the best thing is to go online or contact Navy Federal to get pre-approved which puts you in a better position when negotiating with the dealer.
- Reseach: at this point, do the necessary research about the kind of car you wish to purchase. This helps you to know the true value of the car you wish to buy which will help you at the negotiating table.
- Shop for your car: once you’re satisfied with your research, you can now go ahead and shop for your car. Don’t forget to test drive the vehicle when shopping for your car.
- Get Insurance Estimates: car insurance is very important and in fact you are not allowed to drive your car in town without a car insurance. So you may want to begin to look out for insurance quotes from various insurers and decide on which one is best for you.
- Negotiation: Now it’s time to get to the negotiating table with the dealer. If you did proper research and already have pre-approval, then you should be in a position to negotiate for a good deal.
- Get Financing: get your car loan from Navy Federal
Information Required When Applying
Any member applying for a car loan will need to have the following things ready to apply;
- Phone number and email address of applicant and co-applicant
- Permanent resident address
- Employment details and proof of income
- Loan amount you wish to borrow, price of the car, taxes, title, etc
- loan term
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) if you’ve already chosen your car
- State you will register the car
- Mileage of the car
- Name of dealer or seller
How To Apply
- Click https://my.navyfederal.org/NFOAA_Auth/login.jsp?NFCUSIGNOFF=1
- Sign in with your Username and Password
- Apply online or the Navy Federal Mobile App
- Your application status will be communicated to you in a matter of minutes via text or email
- If successful, you can visit the nearest branch for your money or it can b leaving mailed to you
- Lastly, send title of the vehicle to Navy Federal within 90 days of buying or paying the dealer or seller.
READ ALSO: Is Getting a Car Loan Worth It?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. How Do You Come By My Auto Loan Interest Rate?
Navy Federal looks at the following determinants when considering your interest rate;
- Credit score and history
- loan amount
- Loan term
- Model year of the car
- Exact mileage of the car
Q2. Is Down-payment A Requirement?
You are not required to make a down payment before your loan application can be approved. However, it may go a long way in helping you get approval if you decide to make a down payment.
Q3. How Long Does It Take To Receive Feedback From Navy Federal After Applying?
You should receive a response from Navy Federal concerning your loan application within a matter of minutes via email or text.